Sam Burgett's Summer "Adventures"
June
In June I managed to get a temporary job in a warehouse for Office Depot.
It was ok. I liked the people I worked with, but the supervisor was kind of an idiot. They treated us like we were lesser people (me and the other temps) because we were temporary employees. It was much like the Dr. Seuss book with the Sneeches and their starred or not starred bellies. It really wasn't all that bad though, so I just brushed it off.
July
The beginning of July, my shoulder had started acting up again, very painful.
I called off sick for one evening. The next morning the woman who hired me called me and tried to tell me that I needed to file an accident report. Now, I've had some shoulder issues for awhile, a year or two, and this was just my shoulder flaring up again. I talked to her for about an hour, trying to tell her there was no accident, but she would not have it! I just finally gave up in defeat and did the accident report and tried to move on with my life. She called about an hour later saying that I needed to do a post accident drug test. Again I tried to explain to her there was no accident. Again, she acted like I was wrong and whatnot. At this point I said that I just wasn't going to come back.
August
All I did the rest of the summer was play World of Warcraft like the lazy nerd girl I am.
Sure I missed having a job and money, and I realize I should have just sucked it up and done the drug test, but it was far too late for that. I was warned by people how they treated their employees, why I thought they'd treat me better I don't know. Hopefully I will have a job soon again. My time management is horrible though so it will definitely be an interesting semester.
Oh. I tried to find an apartment with my friends this summer as well, but that all fell through. We went through about three or four different roommates and in the end nothing came together so I am stuck in a dorm again. Such a stressful and uneventful summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment